LJ Crochet Privacy Notice
LJ Crochet – Tuesday 23rd May 2018
1.1 LJ Crochet is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our online store visitors and service users – please read the following to understand our use of your personal data. This notice applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of our website visitors and service users. LJ Crochet is owned and operated by Lisa Wyatt. Our principal place of business is at 122 Baron Road, Dagenham, Essex, RM8 1UA, UK. You can contact us by post to the postal address given above or by email to email@example.com.
In this policy, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to LJ Crochet. In this policy “online stores” refer to our Website, Etsy store, Facebook store and any other online stores where we sell our goods.
2.1 This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (https://seqlegal.com).
3. What information do we collect about you and how will use it?
3.1 The personal data collected and used by us is mainly supplied by you, the service user, and will vary according to the reason contact was made.
The personal information may be: –
information for publication (i.e. review),
information contained in correspondence exchange (e.g. info relating to a purchase or an enquiring from yourself) or
transactional information. Other information is gathered while visiting our online stores including referral source, geographical location and page views.
3.2 In general terms, and depending on why you have contacted us, this information may be used
– to contact you by email, post or phone
– to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
– to process financial transactions
– to maintain our records in accordance with legal and regulatory obligations, obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage or professional advice
– as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests. Such as
1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services; and
4. Who might we share your data with?
4.1 We will not sell your data to any third party. We may disclose personal data to our subcontractors, our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for fulfilling the contract or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
Our payment services provider PayPal may handle financial transactions relating to our online stores and our services. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
5. International transfers of your personal data
5.1 LJ Crochet is based in the UK. There may be some circumstances where your personal data may be transferred to third-party hosting services in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) but will be protected by appropriate safeguards. For example, transfers to USA will be protected by EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield. You acknowledge that personal data that you submit for publication may be available, via the Internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
USA based third parties privacy policies:
- Woo Commerce – https://automattic.com/privacy/
- Dropbox – https://www.dropbox.com/privacy2018
- PayPal (Europe) https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-prev
- Google – https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Etsy – https://www.etsy.com/uk/legal/privacy/?ref=ftr
- Folksy – https://folksy.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/54066-4-privacy-policy
- Facebook, Instagram and Messenger – https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/update
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/en/privacy – update
- Website Wonder Woman – https://websitewonderwoman.com/privacy-policy/
6. How long do we keep hold of your data?
6.1 Personal data that we process for any enquiry or transactional purpose shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose. Personal data will be retained for a minimum of one year following initial contact and for a maximum period of seven years following transactions. In addition we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
7.1 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website and we will ensure that all policies are dated.
7.2 You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
8. Your rights
8.1 – To access – You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us via our website contact page or via whatever selling platform you have engaged with us. We will ask you to confirm your identity (by having sight of a driving licence or passport) before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.
8.2 – Correcting your information – please let us know if any of your information is incorrect
8.3 – To be forgotten – you have the right to ask for your personal data to be erased from our records in certain circumstances. They include if you consider we no longer need the information, you withdraw your consent, our processing is contrary to law or our legal obligations
8.4 – To restrict processing – in certain circumstances you may wish to restrict our processing of your information: you contest the accuracy of the personal data; processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
8.5 – To object – if you object to us processing the personal information we will cease to do so unless there are overriding legitimate grounds to continue. You have the right at any time to require us to stop using your information for direct marketing purposes.
8.6 – Data portability – the right to receive personal data you have provided to in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You can also have your personal data transmitted from one controller to another controller.
8.7 – Right to complain – If you have any concerns about our use of your information please contact us in writing (details at the top of the Privacy Notice). You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office ico.org.uk
8.8 – Withdraw consent – if the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
9.1 We take the security of your data seriously. We put in place reasonable security measures to protect against any unauthorised access or damage to, or disclosure or loss of, your information. Our computers and phones are password protected and paperwork is kept in a locked filing cabinet at our home address, which has no public access.
- Woo Commerce –https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-cookies/
- Dropbox – https://www.dropbox.com/help/security/cookies
- PayPal – https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/cookie-full
- Google – https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies?hl=en&gl=uk
- Etsy – https://www.etsy.com/legal/cookies
- Folksy – https://folksy.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/54066-our-privacy-policy
- Facebook & Messenger – https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies
- Instagram – https://help.instagram.com/1896641480634370?ref=ig
- Twitter – https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-cookies
11. Changes to our privacy notice
11.1 We may update this notice from time to time by publishing a new version. You should check the link occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
This privacy notice was last updated 23rd May 2018